I haven't posted anything in a week.
Long story short, I haven't had enough time.
I hate that excuse. Not having time. There is always time and especially for something you love.
But that is why I haven't been here this week. Out of the limited free time I had this week, I spent it not on the computer, or on my smart phone, or my tablet. I spent it with the people I love.
While I do love blogging and taking photos. The people I surround myself with mean more to me than the photos of them I take. Photography is part of my world, but they are my world. So in the wake of Thanksgiving, I dont want to list the things I haven't been able to do this week. I want to list the things I have done and why I am grateful for them.
This week I have:
- Been super busy, which means that I am blessed with 2 jobs; one that provides me with structure, income and stability. The other that acts as my release and my sanctuary. So thankful.
- Surrounded myself with friends. This I am truly grateful for. I love that there are people out there that 'get' me. They might not fully understand my persona (I dont think anyone truly does), I am grateful for the love and support they have given me over the years. You rock guys!
- Finished the first season of Homeland. I am grateful for good TV. I am always been more of a movie buff than a TV fanatic but Homeland has seriously gotten my full attention and respect. I applaud the creators and the makers of that show.
- Taken the time to rest. Following on from my previous post, I have consciously taken steps to reduce my stress in a given day. Whether it is taking a 15minute power nap or stopping my work and grabbing a cup of tea. I am grateful for those moments when I can stop, revive, survive.
- Appreciated the season. It is officially summer! Hip Hip Hooray! Which also means that Christmas is about 3 weeks away. I am grateful for the warmer weather and the celebrations that will occur this month. Christmas is such a magical time and I can't wait for the togetherness that will be shared in this time.
5 things I am grateful for this week. It's nice to write them down and acknowledge them. I think its important.
Hopefully I can keep you more up-to-date with the happenings of my world this week. I'm not sure what the world has in store for me, but I am looking forward to it.
Bring it on!