That's really all I can say.
After my last post, I didn't really know what to expect. I walked around the streets that afternoon, doing my errands, and felt a terrible fear that everyone was looking at me differently. They knew my secret. They're thinking of me differently now. Are they judging me or supporting me?
The biggest step I made was sharing that post on Instagram and Facebook, for all my friends and family to see. Somehow, sharing posts from my blog with the people I actually know makes everything seem so much more real. I know this blog is open to everyone but sometimes I'd rather not know that the girl I used to go to school with, or my distant cousin, or my best friends, or even my mother are reading the things I write.
Though my fears soon faded. Not even an hour after I shared my post I was flooded with texts, messages and emails from so many different people. People sharing their stories with me that they had hidden for years, people admitting they have sought help in the past, people feeling encouraged to speak up about the issue after reading my blog. I had friends I haven't spoken to in years contact me, and distant family and bloggers from around the world. My aim was to start a conversation and I think I achieved that. I couldn't be happier.
I want to say thank you to all of you who have contacted me, messaged me, commented on my blog and supported me (publicly and privately). Your love, prayers and thoughts are what has gotten me through and what continues to push me forward. I love you all so much, like so so much!
I haven't got any pretty pictures to share with you today. I haven't been on any awesome adventures this week either. This week has been one of reflection and one of spending time with those around me, talking about the issues that matter the most. If you ever need to talk, please just send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org - I seriously would love to chat!
For now though, here are some links I've been enjoying this week. I hope they get you through the weekend ❤
- Wise Words
- Admiring Bri's bravery this week.
- Their love is so special. Sometimes I feel they are the slightly older version of Stephen & I. I love the way she describes their relationship.
- I could watch people creating for hours.
- And again.
- I have a Christmas Dinner coming up and I'm hoping to make a few of these beauties.
- New York Elopement. This makes me want to run away to City Hall.
- A gorgeous urban wedding.
- I envy this lady's talent. I want to take photos as gorgeous as these
- Yes Please!
- yum yum yummy!
- I can't justify paying $99 for a beach towel but it's just so darn pretty
- I cannot wait for this!
- Some mythconceptions that I found rather fascinating.
- and an animal video is always the best way to end a post like this
p.s. Happy 200th post to me :)